This is not how to install aux input cable rather how to make it.
Seriously, I don’t want to spend about $50 for a stinking cable.
I’m in Canada and usually BMW parts are more expensive than US.
Let’s get started.
1. This was male on both end and I just cut one side.
2. Close up
3. Some people might wonder what this is.
This is a cable that I found from my old computer I was about to throw away. This pin connects to motherboard for power switch, reset switch, hdd led, power led, etc.
Do not cut the other end of this cable, just pull the pins out. It will help you to solder it.
4. See? It is so much easier to connect them to solder it.
5. 3 small and 1 big heat shrink tube.
6. Ok. It is done.
7. From HU, pin 8,9(left,right or right,left don’t care too much. ) and pin 4(ground) need to be connected.
You will be surprised how well it fits.
Total cost $0. Because I found everthing I need at home and it works great.